Oral sex is an integral part of most people’s sex lives. Well, did it ever occur to you that this popular form of foreplay would have such a rich history? Yes, according to documents, oral sex dates back to ancient Egypt. It may be even older than that, we only know the past in terms of written documents. Without further ado, let’s move on to the history of oral sex.
1. The first documented oral sex occurred in ancient Egypt
The first “documented” oral sex, albeit mythical, occurred between Egyptian god-king Osiris and Isis. According to the story, Set killed his brother Osiris and cut him to pieces. Furthermore, his wife Isis finds the pieces and puts his body back together, but unfortunately the penis of Osiris cannot be found. Then he fashioned a makeshift rod out of clay and placed it in Osiris’ thigh. Afterwards, Isis sucks the clay phallus, giving it life. So if.
2. The inhabitants of Pompeii were very fond of sex
Not without mentioning Pompeii when it comes to the history of oral sex! Pompeii is an Italian city that was engulfed in molten lava by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. The citizens of this city were very fond of sex. About 50 years ago, erotic frescoes depicting lesbians, groups, and various oral sex were discovered in the Baths of Pompeii. At that time, tourists visiting the city had to pass through these baths to get to the center. It is believed that the paintings were also made to create a raging atmosphere for these visitors. There was even a wonderful two-story brothel in Pompeii called The Lupanare. This brothel hosts equally heartbreaking sex paintings.
3. It takes place in ancient Greek literature
It is known that oral sex was practiced in ancient Greece. In fact, it was common for two straight men to take turns giving each other oral sex, for some unknown reason. Even the great poet Archilochus wrote interesting things about the Thracian man and oral sex.
4. A large section of the Kama Sutra is devoted to oral sex
The Kama Sutra, which means book of pleasure, was the first written source on sex. The book’s authors portrayed oral sex as a ritual. In the original Sanskrit version of the Kama Sutra, an entire chapter is devoted to what is basically defined as the art of oral sex. This chapter takes a detailed look at eight different methods of oral sex. Some situations are so complex that it is almost impossible for both parties to enjoy!
5. Oral sex was a form of punishment in ancient Rome
Oral sex was considered a terrible thing in ancient Rome. It was worse than anal sex. Moreover, the ancient Romans considered anal sex an unforgivable vice. However, oral sex was a means of punishment for minor offenses. A thief who stole an item may have to lick that person instead of going to jail.
6. THE CAUSE OF THE EXECUTION WAS IN THE NINETEEN CENTURY
In the 19th century, oral sex was considered a mortal sin, since sperm were expelled. Those caught doing the act could even be executed.
You may be interested in:
A journey through the history of sexuality: 8 of the world’s most famous sex museums that defy taboos
- Balkans | Kosovar President Osmani met with representatives of the European Union and the United States
- Balkans | Negotiations are continuing in Bulgaria to finalize the management programme
- Balkans | Housing prices have increased in European countries
- Balkans | 75 million euros from the European Union to Kosovo for the energy crisis
- Ahlamour Pavilion: History, Architecture, Location, and Entrance Fee
- Balkans | NASA monitors lunar debris for the first “private sector” Japanese spacecraft
- Balkans | The European Parliament wants “Russia’s condition” for Serbia’s accession talks to the European Union
- Balkans | Croatian Prime Minister Plenkovic in Skopje
- Balkans | Danish Minister of Justice Hommelgaard visits the Kosovo Council
- Balkans | The Turks of Western Thrace continue to keep their culture alive through classical Turkish music.