It is noteworthy that Qatar hosted 1.4 million foreign visitors during the 2022 World Cup.
And the official Qatar News Agency published in Al-Akhbar data on the World Cup, which was held between November 20 and December 18 and ended with Argentina’s victory.
It was reported in the news that 1.4 million people visited Qatar in total during the tournament, which lasted for nearly a month, while nearly 3.4 million people watched the cup matches in the stadiums.
Accordingly, while the average number of spectators per match was 53,000, the total capacity for spectators was 96 percent.
In his statement on the matter, Hassan Al-Zawadi, Secretary-General of the Qatar Supreme Committee for Projects and Cultural Heritage, said that they “organised a wonderful shield that will be a distinctive feature” for major international organizations.
Al-Zawadi pointed out that the “historic” sporting event will leave a sustainable social, economic and environmental legacy for both Qatar and the entire region.
The 2022 FIFA World Cup, which was held for the first time in an Arab country, ended with the final match between Argentina and France at Lusail Stadium. Argentina became champions by defeating France 4-2 on penalties in a match that ended 2-2 in regular time and 3-3 in extra time.
- Balkans | A Turkish soldier distributes Ramadan parcels in Kosovo
- Balkans | The Bosnian sisters build hobbit houses, each decorated differently
- Balkans | Iftar for religious Muslims, Christians and Jews from Zagreb ambassador Kiran
- Balkans | Kosovo Statistical Institute warned
- Balkans | Daylight saving time begins tonight
- Balkans | Turkish President Erdogan had a telephone conversation with President of Bosnia and Herzegovina SDA Izetbegović
- Balkans | Athens prepares to base F-35s
- Balkans | Belgrade academics are calling for the abolition of Putin’s honorary doctorate
- Balkans | Serbian media published a map of 5 checkpoints
- Balkans | Serbian President Vucic argued that Kosovo Serbs are being tortured and persecuted