Commemoration of the first President of the Republic of North Macedonia, Kiro Gligorov, on the 11th anniversary of his death.
Under the leadership of Prime Minister Dimitar Kovačevski of the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia, Minister of Labor and Social Policy Jovana Trynchevska and Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications Bekim Rexipe laid wreaths at the tomb of President Kiro Gligorov in Botel.
Today marks the eleventh anniversary of the death of Kiro Gligorov, the first president of the Republic of North Macedonia, which declared the country’s independence after a successful referendum on September 8, 1991.
President Gligorov was the first Macedonian president to speak in Macedonian at the United Nations rostrum on April 8, 1993, when the Republic of Macedonia became the 181st member of the United Nations.
- Balkans | Nearly 3 million acres have been damaged in forest fires in the past 20 years in Greece
- Balkans | “Orange” alert in Serbia, “red” alert in Croatia
- Balkans | Ottoman President of Kosovo: Kosovo should present the draft Union of Serbian Municipalities
- Balkans | Kosovo’s new coach Primoz Gliha
- Balkans | Serbian President Vucic received the Spanish Foreign Minister in Paris
- In which countries is the Gregorian calendar not used?
- Balkans | A government delegation attended the memorial program in front of the Gotse Delchev Memorial
- Balkans | “The night that inspired the world, July 15th” was held in Albania
- Balkans | ‘Unidentified’ victims of the Srebrenica genocide await burial
- Balkans | Kosovo becomes a member of the International Commission on Missing Persons