In the United States, freezing blizzards left more than a million people without power across the country, while 12 people died in weather-related accidents.
National Weather Service (NWS), Freezing winds coming from the North Pole and affecting the countryAnd announced that it will continue its influence in the east of the country at the end of the week as well.
According to the BBC report, 12 people died in weather-related accidents.
More than 200 million people are expected to be affected by low temperatures in the United States. It has been observed that hail can be effective from the Canadian border to the Mexican border.
He said temperatures in Montana, South Dakota and Wyoming had dropped to minus 45 degrees Celsius because of the storm.
While states of emergency were declared in several states, including New York, Virginia, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina and Oklahoma, US President Joe Biden urged citizens to heed the warnings.
Flight-tracking website FlightAware reports that more than 8,000 flights have been canceled and more than 25,000 delayed before Christmas, one of the busiest travel times of the year.
A severe cold ‘once in a generation’
In the United States, on December 21, national and local weather reporting agencies warned of severe cold and snow conditions “once in a generation.”
The National Weather Service (NOAA) has announced that cold weather conditions not seen in the past 40 years are approaching in some parts of the country.
“Heavy snowfall can make travel very difficult or impossible and can be life threatening,” the Met Service noted.
Additionally, it was shared that the storm that would occur with the impact of cold weather would be equivalent to a Category 3 hurricane pressure in the Great Lakes region of the country on the Canadian border.
Due to the storm, the overflowing waters of the Hudson River covered the ground floors of some hospitals and businesses on the New Jersey coast overlooking Manhattan, while many flood-prone vehicles were damaged.
Coastal areas of Queens and Brooklyn were also affected by rising ocean waters, while waves brought by high winds rendered some coastal streets and habitats unusable.
- Balkans | President Erdogan: Our goal is to increase our trade volume with Bulgaria to the level of 10 billion dollars
- Balkans | The Holy Quran Respect Program will be held in front of the Turkish Embassy in Sweden
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic: I ask NATO to protect the Serbs in Kosovo
- 12 interesting pieces from the tomb of Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun
- Balkans | It was claimed that Germany did not meet Greece’s expectations for the armored vehicle
- Balkans | Ilhan Kuchuk: Bulgaria’s failures stem from the examples of Borisov and Petkov
- Balkans | Turkish teachers working in Pristina visited Yunus Emre Institusu
- Balkans | The European Hand of Orphans Association extends the Hand of Mercy to orphans in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Before Corti Lajçak and Escobar
- Balkans | Facilitate the arrival of highly qualified specialists from outside the European Union to Bulgaria