The exhibition, organized by the Bulgarian State Archives, the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAN) and the BTA, presents the historical moments of Bulgarian-American diplomatic relations that lasted 120 years. “Exploring America.” The exhibition entitled “120 years of diplomatic relations between Bulgaria and the United States” is based on the idea of the “America” Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Assistant Head of the State Archives Department. Mikhail Groev stated at the opening of the exhibition: “This exhibition presents a broader panorama of cultural, religious and economic relations between the two peoples even before the establishment of official relations. The first part of the exhibition also presents the activities of the various American Protestant missions in the Bulgarian lands, Robert College in Istanbul, the oldest American school outside the USA, where the first generation of intellectuals and statesmen who were the architects of contemporary Bulgaria grew up.
The exhibition highlights the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries in 1903 and the dynamics of relations during and after World War I. Also included are the American institutions that participated in the development of Bulgaria after World War I. Breaking points in bilateral relations were also mentioned, such as Bulgaria’s declaration of war on the United States in December 1941 and the cessation of diplomatic relations in 1950.
At the end of the exhibition, relations between Bulgaria and the United States of America after World War II, bilateral visits at the highest level, and bilateral agreements signed were presented.
The exhibition can be viewed in the exhibition hall of the State Archives between 09:00 and 17:30 every day until August 31, 2023.
- Balkans | Rescue of 48 irregular migrants paid by Greece
- Balkans | 11 years have passed since the death of Gligorov, your first boss. Macedonia
- Balkans | Vizier Akar surprised the Greek defender of Kayserispor
- Balkans | Criticism of Chief Pendarovski of VMRO DPMNE
- Balkans | Medipol Belgrade representative office opened
- Balkans | Niksic from Bosnia and Herzegovina is keeping his family’s 112-year-old legacy alive as a watchmaker
- 4 diseases that once threatened humanity but no longer exist
- Balkans | Stanisić and Simatović’s prison sentences were increased to 15 years each
- Balkans | Sending 5 new aid trucks from Bosnia and Herzegovina to the earthquake zone
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic: I ask NATO to protect the Serbs in Kosovo