In Edirne, 14 members of the FETÖ terrorist organization and the terrorist Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) who tried to flee to Greece last week were arrested.
According to the statement issued by the Edirne Governor’s Office, 14 suspects were arrested in the first-class military restricted area on the Greek border, during the controls carried out last week by the regional gendarmerie command teams and the border units of the 54th Mechanized Infantry Brigade.
It was determined that 7 of the suspects who attempted to cross into Greece illegally are members of the FETÖ terrorist organization and that 7 of them are members of the PKK terrorist organization.
The proceedings of the accused continue in the gendarmerie.
On the other hand, the gendarmerie teams took action against 40 wanted persons for military crimes during the past week, and 25 people, 7 of whom were foreigners, for whom arrest warrants were issued through UYAP.
- Balkans | Yellow vests demonstrate in Paris against reform of the state pension system
- Balkans | Slovenia is ready to support Bosnia and Herzegovina in the process of joining the European Union
- Balkans | 66 journalists will be killed worldwide in 2022
- Balkans | Croatian leader Milanovic said it was time to turn a new page in relations with Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Croatian footballer Jvardiol donated his signed jersey to the earthquake victims
- Balkans | An aid truck is sent from Ukraine, where the war is going on, for earthquake victims in Turkey.
- Balkans | What will change with Croatia’s entry into Schengen?
- Balkans | Parliamentary question about the lack of medicines by the opposition in Greece
- Balkans | Support from students of the reinforcement course for earthquake survivors in Turkey
- Balkans | The arrest of the suspect in the FETO organization while he was fleeing to Greece