Kosovo’s Prime Minister, Albin Kurti, has stated that he believes Thaci, Veseli and the KLA leaders whose proceedings are continuing in The Hague International War Crimes Tribunal are innocent, and that they spent €16 million to defend the former leaders.
In an interview with the Croatian newspaper Večernji List, Kurti said of the trials of former leaders of the Kosovo Liberation Army (UCK) by The Hague Special Tribunal, “UCK’s war was just, clean, liberating and anti-colonial”.
Pointing out that the state of Kosovo showed what it had done to the accused and believed in their innocence, Corti said that as a state they paid 16 million euros to defense lawyers.
Moreover, Corti added that the task of international justice with regard to justice in the former Yugoslavia is far from over.
- What you need to know about the Sumerian gods of beer
- Balkans | Warning “Limit outdoor activities” from the World Health Organization in hot weather
- Balkans | The Turkish Embassy in Skopje organizes a poetry and writing contest
- Balkans | Bosnian Serb leader Dodik announced that he would not implement High Representative Schmidt’s decisions
- Balkans | Kosovar Ottoman President meets with US Special Envoy for the Western Balkans Escobar
- Balkans | Southern Bosnia and Herzegovina fascinates with its historical and natural beauties
- The most interesting strange case in history: what is the phenomenon of the Ariel school?
- Balkans | Minister Cavusoglu had a telephone conversation with Greek Foreign Minister Dendias
- Balkans | Kosovo’s flag hoisted over the northern municipality of Mitrovica
- Balkans | Macedonian Ambassador to Ankara Manasijevski presented his letter of credit to President Erdoğan