Two Kosovo Serbs, including a child, were wounded in an armed attack in Strepci, where most Serbs live, in southern Kosovo.
A week after the end of the barricade crisis in Kosovo, where Orthodox Christmas is celebrated, shootings have been fired from a moving vehicle.
As a result, two Kosovo Serbs, including a child, were injured.
In a statement issued by the Kosovo Police, it was reported that a suspect in connection with the attack was detained at short notice and that the injured, who did not pose a threat to their lives, were being treated in Gracanica.
It was noted that the main road leading to Strepci was closed by the police after the attack, and investigations are still ongoing at the scene.
Tension between Kosovo and Serbia
In response to the arrest of former Serbian police officer Dejan Pantec, Kosovo Serbs block roads with roadblocks they have erected in northern Kosovo on December 10-29, 2022.
The Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic had called for the lifting of the barriers set up in response to the arrest of Bantik in northern Kosovo after the arrest warrant turned into house arrest.
Serbia considers Kosovo, which unilaterally declared its independence in 2008, to be its territory.
Serbia and Kosovo, which clash periodically, are trying to find a common way to normalize relations, and eventually the two countries get to know each other, within the scope of the Belgrade-Pristina dialogue process that began in 2011 with the mediation of the European Union.
- Balkans | The influence of “Lucifer” in Serbia
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: I will personally do my best to provide all textbooks for free
- Balkans | Rabotnicki puts the Nigerian striker, who plays in Türkiye, to trials
- Balkans | Sergeant Qandili will check today
- Balkans | TMBH: We are represented by two councilors on the Vasilova City Council
- Balkans | Ambassador Belcar, who was martyred at the hands of Asala 40 years ago, is commemorated in Serbia
- Balkans | Aid continues from Bosnia and Herzegovina to earthquake zones in Turkey
- Balkans | Pendarovski: I am for constitutional changes, I am not afraid of anything
- Balkans | The opening of the publishing house of the Turkish Knowledge Foundation University in Albania
- Balkans | The Red Cross of Bosnia and Herzegovina has sent 4 trucks of aid to Turkey and Syria