With the conclusion of development cooperation negotiations between the Government of Kosovo and the Government of Germany, the German side will provide €37 million in financial support to Kosovo for the period 2022-2023.
In a written statement issued by the Ministry of Finance and Labor of Kosovo, it was stated that with this commitment, Germany’s support for development cooperation has reached 64.42 million euros since the last intergovernmental negotiations were held in December 2020.
“Agreing to further intensify development cooperation, Kosovo and Germany will jointly tackle the major challenges in the future.” The statement indicated that within the framework of development cooperation, priority will be given to sustainable economic development, education and employment, climate change, energy, just transition and good governance.
German Ambassador to Pristina Rude said: “Today, both countries open a new chapter in our partnership designed for the sustainable economic development of Kosovo in accordance with the European Green Agreement and the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans. With this, we support Kosovo on its path to the European Union.” He said.
- Balkans | Participation from the Ministry of National Defense on January 29, the National Day of Resistance and Social Solidarity of the Turks of Western Thrace
- Balkans | Serbian leader Dodik: I am trying to persuade the Croats to withdraw from the institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Karaday, head of the MRF party in Bulgaria, visited Kahramanmaraş
- Restoration Disasters in Türkiye: 10 Failed Examples
- Balkans | Warning Western Thrace from the Council of Europe to Greece
- Balkans | Opening of the International Exhibition of Railway Models in Croatia
- Balkans | Albanians stage a demonstration in Mitrovica, northern Kosovo
- Balkans | FETO suspect arrested at Greek border
- Balkans | Croatia: We care about the Croatian minority in Serbia and the Serb minority in Croatia
- Balkans | Radev: Europe’s security and stability depend on the European integration of the Western Balkan countries