With the conclusion of development cooperation negotiations between the Government of Kosovo and the Government of Germany, the German side will provide €37 million in financial support to Kosovo for the period 2022-2023.
In a written statement issued by the Ministry of Finance and Labor of Kosovo, it was stated that with this commitment, Germany’s support for development cooperation has reached 64.42 million euros since the last intergovernmental negotiations were held in December 2020.
“Agreing to further intensify development cooperation, Kosovo and Germany will jointly tackle the major challenges in the future.” The statement indicated that within the framework of development cooperation, priority will be given to sustainable economic development, education and employment, climate change, energy, just transition and good governance.
German Ambassador to Pristina Rude said: “Today, both countries open a new chapter in our partnership designed for the sustainable economic development of Kosovo in accordance with the European Green Agreement and the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans. With this, we support Kosovo on its path to the European Union.” He said.
- Balkans | Cardigal Mayor Dr. M. Azis officially opened social housing with 69 apartments
- Balkans | Ilhan Kuchuk: Bulgaria’s failures stem from the examples of Borisov and Petkov
- Balkans | Letter of “resignation” from Serbian President Vucic
- Balkans | More than 50 percent of young Bosnians want to leave the country
- Why did Turkey not participate in the 1950 World Cup?
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic said that 5,000 people will be drafted into the army to strengthen the country’s defense
- Balkans | Support Contract for Kosovo in North Macedonia
- Balkans | Croatia will not apply restrictive Covid-19 measures to Chinese passengers￼
- Balkans | Turkish planes immediately responded to the Greek planes
- Balkans | Prime Minister Kovachevsky, President of Ukraine Zelensky spoke on the phone