It was reported that 46 forest fires broke out in the past 24 hours in Greece due to the heat wave and strong winds.
In a statement from the Hellenic Fire Service, a warning of “high risk of forest fires” has been issued for many regions of the country in the coming days.
The statement said that 46 forest fires broke out in different regions of Greece during the past 24 hours, and most of them were extinguished before they grew large.
The statement indicated that the weather conditions in the Attiki region, which includes the capital, Athens, today, increase the risks of forest fires.
The heat wave in the country is expected to reach its peak on July 20.
- Balkans | The Bosnia and Herzegovina authorities responded to the statements of the war criminal Kordic
- Balkans | Illegal immigrants who were pushed into Turkish territorial waters by Greek elements explained their experiences
- Balkans | Workshops held for staff of the SOS Child Protection Agency.
- Balkans | A ceremony was held for search and rescue teams in Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The failure to perform Tarawih prayers in the Great Mosque of Algiers, one of the largest mosques in the world, has sparked controversy.
- Balkans | 108,883 weapons and explosives were “voluntarily” delivered in two months in Serbia
- Balkans | The death of a French nun at the age of 118, the oldest person in the world
- Balkans | Shipyard workers in Greece extend their strike
- Balkans | Serbian President Vucic received the United Nations Special Envoy and Head of the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK).
- Balkans | British Prime Minister Sunak packs students with relief items for earthquake victims