Coast Guard teams have rescued 64 irregular migrants who were pushed by Greek elements to Turkish territorial waters off the coast of Dikili and Karaburun districts in Izmir.
The Coast Guard command teams started to work after receiving information that a group of illegal immigrants were in a lifeboat off the coast of Dikili at around 03:15 on January 5. Specialized Coast Guard boats rescued 17 irregular migrants in a lifeboat who were pushed into Turkish territorial waters by Greek elements.
On the same day, around 06.35, the teams took action again after receiving information that there was a group of illegal immigrants in a rubber boat off Karaburun town. Once again, 47 irregular migrants on rubber boats, who were determined to be returned to Turkish territorial waters by Greek elements, were rescued by dedicated Coast Guard boats.
- Balkans | The books “Balkans on Trace of Civilization” and “Reflections from the Balkans on History” were presented in Skopje
- Balkans | The Bulgarian parliament says “no” to a referendum proposal that might delay switching to the euro
- Balkans | Protest against the representation of the European Commission in Sofia
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina Foreign Minister Turkovic: All indications are that the Serbian leader Dodik has become more extremist
- Balkans | 3 people, two of whom are members of the FETÖ terrorist organization, were arrested at the Greek border
- Balkans | The government announced that pasta products would be 15% cheaper and dairy products 10% cheaper.
- Balkans | A gold deposit has been found in Bosnia
- Balkans | Turkish teachers working in Pristina visited Yunus Emre Institusu
- Balkans | Slovenia wants to start negotiations so as not to escalate tensions with Kosovo and Serbia
- Balkans | Those who lost their lives in the earthquakes were commemorated in Albania