Noting that 2022 has been a “devastating” year for the safety of journalists, the International Press Institute announced that 66 journalists and press workers have been killed in the course of their work this year.
Based in Vienna, Austria From the International Press Institute (IPI), in a written statement, Members of the press have been killed for their profession this yearData shared.
The statement stated that the number of journalist deaths in 2021 reached 45, and this year it rose to 66, which drew attention to this alarming increase.
9 journalists were killed in the Russian-Ukrainian war
And in an exchange of information about the killing of 14 journalists in Mexico this year while 9 journalists were following the Russian-Ukrainian war, the International Press Institute stated that the losses in these two regions played a serious role in increasing the numbers.
Açıklamada, Al Jazeera televizyonunun deneyimli kadın muhabiri Şirin Ebu Akile’nin mayıs 2022’de İsrail güçlerinin Batı Şeria’da düzenlediği bir operasyonda öldürülmesinin bu yılki en ürkütücü olay olduğuna değinilerek, “Devletlerin gazetecilere yönelik saldırılarda adaleti sağlayamaması, basına yönelik şiddet için verimli zemin oluşturmaya Continue. IPI urges authorities around the world to ensure that impunity ends and that journalists are protected.” Statement embedded.
Noting that the International Press Institute has been conducting reports and studies on journalists who have been killed since 1997, it was emphasized that violence against journalists is a global problem and that impunity for perpetrators has paved the way for violence.
- Balkans | Tensions continue to rise between Serbia and Kosovo
- Balkans | Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Dönmez met with Minister of Economy Bekteshi
- Balkans | Expats will be able to speak Turkish with the Croatian police at Sıla Yolu
- Balkans | Turkish planes immediately responded to the Greek planes
- Balkans | The budget of the Ministry of Education for the next year is 450 million euros
- Balkans | Pitbull participated in the latest prisoner exchange between Russia and Ukraine
- Balkans | The United States, the European Union and NATO call for restraint in the face of tensions in Kosovo
- Balkans | Izetbegović: A stable government cannot be established without the Democratic Action Party
- VII. Who is Cleopatra’s daughter Cleopatra Selene?
- Balkans | Euro blow to consumers in Croatia