Eight Bosnian civilians killed in the eastern city of Visegrad in the 1992-1995 war are now dead in Bosnia and Herzegovina 31 years later.
Serb forces killed 8 wars in 1992, when the war began, and their bones were found years later. victimI, in the Strasiste Cemetery in Visegrad Funeral He was buried after his prayers.
Bakira Hasisek, head of the Women’s War Victims Association, said that the youngest of those buried was Munvira Sabanija, who was 22 years old when she was killed, and the oldest victim, Asim Amirović, who was 62 years old when she was killed.
Sabanija’s uncle, Selim Sabanija, stated that all members of the Munevera family were killed and said, “What happened in Visegrad is terrible and should never be forgotten.” He said.
Fakhruddin Maharemovich, who buried his son-in-law Asim Omarovich, said:
“He was taken away while he was sitting in front of his house. They forced him to call the call to prayer in the minaret. On the way back they killed him and threw him on the side of the road. The neighbors buried the body the next day, but we could not locate it for many years.”
Hasecic stated that they commemorate all the victims who lost their lives in Visegrad and said: “We are trying to reach 600 more people who were killed in Visegrad. I would add that about 500 women were killed here.” He said.
Among the Bosnians buried in Visegrad are two brothers, Hajar and Sinad Jesarević, and two women, Asima Tvrtković and Hana Mujezinović.
On the other hand, more than 3,000 Bosniaks killed in Visegrad on the 31st anniversary of the massacre were commemorated with a ceremony held on the historic Sokollu Mehmet Pasha Bridge.
In memory of the 3,000 people who lost their lives, 3,000 roses were thrown into the Drina and prayers were held.
Burning the victims alive in Visegrad
During the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, some victims were burned alive in Adem Omeragic’s house on Pionirska Street on June 14, 1992, and some were burned alive in Meho Aljic’s house in Bikavac town on June 27, 1992.
More than 140 civilians died in a massacre described by the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands, as “the greatest devastation of humanity in the Bosnian war”.
Serbian soldiers led by Milan Lukić, who had closed in on the inhabitants of the village of Koretnik in Umarajić’s house and burned them alive, threw mortars into the house and shot the victims who tried to flee through the window.
While 8 people managed to survive the massacre, the youngest victim was a two-day-old baby who died in his mother’s arms.
The International War Crimes Tribunal and the Tribunal for Bosnia and Herzegovina have so far sentenced 18 Serbian soldiers to 246 years in prison for crimes they committed in Visegrad. Milan Lukic was sentenced to life imprisonment.
- Balkans | Vucic is looking for partners for Air Serbia
- Balkans | New terminal at Ohrid airport
- Fuel prices have been updated.
- Balkans | Criticism of the Western media’s approach to the migrant boat disaster and the submarine event that floated the wealthy
- Balkans | Bulgaria makes its 30-million-year-old forests accessible to tourists
- 7 interesting facts about knights
- Balkans | “Bosnia and Herzegovina will lose half of its population by 2070”
- Balkans | Greece’s main opposition leader has requested access to wiretapping orders from the past three years
- Balkans | Bulgaria and Romania are awaiting approval of their Schengen membership this year
- Balkans | EU warning to Kosovo: We cannot afford a new conflict