It was reported that the length of the iron fence erected on the banks of the Evros River in Greece to prevent asylum seekers and migrants will reach 140 kilometers.
Takis Theodorikakos, Greek Minister of Citizen Protection, who participated in a program on SKAI TV, stated that the decision to build a fence on the borders of Greece and Europe with Turkey, claiming that 256,000 illegal crossings were blocked by the Greek police, was the responsibility of the Ministry of Citizen Protection.
Theodorikakos said he has started working with the relevant ministries to build the fence.
In December 2022, it was announced that Greece would deploy 250 border police officers to tighten patrol and surveillance measures in the Evros (Erik) region on the Turkish border.
Drones detected Greece pushing illegal immigrants into the Aegean Sea
On December 29, 2022, a drone detected the moment a Greek coast guard boat pushed illegal immigrants into Turkish territorial waters in the Aegean Sea.
On its social media account, the Ministry of National Defense said, “A drone belonging to our naval forces detected that irregular migrants were pushed into territorial waters at a distance of 3.62 miles from the Turkish coast, by a Greek Coast Guard boat on December 29, 2022.” , southwest of Çeşme in the Aegean Sea. That was explained.
This incident, which was detected by a Navy drone, was immediately reported to the Coast Guard Command, and the rescue of the illegal immigrants was guaranteed.
Greece’s opposition provokes a backlash
The fact that Greece has pushed migrants into Turkish territorial waters in the Aegean Sea and the loss of life in some of the incidents has also been widely discussed and reported in the international press.
In the work of organizations such as Le Monde, Lighthouse Reports, Der Spiegel, ARD, and The Guardian, pushbacks have been borne out by evidence.
On the other hand, the Greek authorities have always denied allegations by international human rights organizations, the international press, politicians and many institutions about the pushbacks.
- Balkans | Kosovo demands the transfer of the detained Serbian police by NATO helicopter
- Balkans | Albania is on the rise in tourism, and the number of visitors is increasing
- Balkans | Croatia warns the European Union about illegal immigration crossings
- What you need to know about Inuit snow goggles
- The saddest song in history has dragged dozens of people to suicide
- Balkans | “Orange” alert in Serbia, “red” alert in Croatia
- Balkans | Kosovan Turkish politician Aref Boch, may God have mercy on him
- Balkans | Rain is expected tomorrow and Wednesday
- Balkans | Amazing analysis of Turkish commandos in Kosovo from the Greek press
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic: I ask NATO to protect the Serbs in Kosovo