It was reported that the fire department was caught up in the 5-day wildfire in Rhodes Island.
In the news in the Greek press, it was noted that the fire on the island of Rhodes continued to spread uncontrollably, and the firefighters, who were involved in the extinguishing efforts in the Ipsini area, were trapped in the fire.
The news stated that it had become difficult to control the fire due to the influence of the winds that were effective in the area, and it was mentioned that 3 boats belonging to the Greek Coast Guard Command were ready in the area for a possible evacuation operation.
“The risk of fires is high across the country,” authorities warned, when the heat wave began to set in.
- Balkans | Holding a “Digital Journalism Workshop” in Skopje
- Balkans | Forest fires continue in Rhodes
- Balkans | Esma Aljokic, who lost his leg in the Sarajevo bazaar massacre, cannot forget “that moment”.
- Balkans | NATO calls on Kosovo and Serbia to calm tensions
- Balkans | Eid Al-Adha message from Fattah, President of the Islamic Union
- Balkans | Non-constitutional immovable property law adopted in the Republika Srpska entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Street breakfast party in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 13 Important Scientists Who Changed the History of Astronomy
- Balkans | Ilhan Kucuk: 73 years after the Schumann Declaration, we must decide who we are
- Balkans | The countries of the Western Balkans welcomed the month of Ramadan with the first Tarawih prayers