It was reported that a group of researchers in Bulgaria will leave today for the country’s base in Antarctica as part of the 31st National Antarctic Expedition.
According to news in Bulgaria’s BTA, the Bulgarian Antarctic Institute said that a team of researchers, procurement officers and journalists will set off on January 25 to go to the St. Kliment Ohridsky base on Livingston Island as part of the 31st National Antarctic Expedition. announce.
In addition to its exploration activities for gold and precious metals, the group is expected to conduct studies on how endemic organisms adapt to climate change and the extent of pollution caused by human activities.
There are 10 polar researchers currently working at the St. Kliment Ohridsky base.
On the other hand, the first Bulgarian military research ship “NAVAL RSV 421”, which is on its way to the Argentine port of Mar del Plata in the South Atlantic, is expected to arrive at the base.
The 31st Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition will conclude at the beginning of March with the return of the NAVAL RSV 421 to the country.
Bulgaria opened the St. Clement Ohridsky Bulgarian base on Livingston Island in Antarctica in December 2022 for the polar season.
- Balkans | Turkish teachers working in Pristina visited Yunus Emre Institusu
- Balkans | The number of world tourists, which will pass 900 million in 2022, is 63 percent of the pre-pandemic figure.
- Balkans | The famous singer Boray attended his concert in Skopje
- Balkans | 17,904 megawatt hours of electricity were produced in the past 24 hours
- Balkans | Croatia, which started using the euro, is trying to control price hikes
- Balkans | Prisoner exchange between Russia and Ukraine
- Balkans | Important statements from the Kosovar footballer Beteki of Konyaspor
- Balkans | Bulgaria signs an agreement to buy nuclear fuel from outside Russia
- Balkans | A group of researchers will set off in Bulgaria as part of the 31st Antarctic Expedition
- Balkans | Decision flash Eva Kylie from Greece￼