The European Stroke Organization, ESO, celebrates 9 May as European Stroke Awareness Day. This date marks the anniversary of the adoption of the European Stroke Plan 2030.
Bulgaria is the leader in negative European statistics for stroke-related morbidity and mortality. According to Eurostat data, one in four Bulgarian citizens is at risk of having a stroke.
In 2021, a cerebrovascular event was recorded every 12 minutes in the country. Therefore, as part of the national campaign “Jivot sled insult” (life after stroke) until the end of May, completely free preventive check-ups for stroke patients are being held in many places across the country.
- Balkans | Greek Prime Minister Mitsotakis: The Turkish and Greek peoples are friends
- Balkans | Olympiacos loses its title to Real Madrid
- What is National Socialism? What are its advantages?
- Balkans | Although Mitsotakis leads the elections in Greece, voters will go to the polls for the second time
- Balkans | Sending 5 new aid trucks from Bosnia and Herzegovina to the earthquake zone
- Balkans | Turkish wrestlers Adar and Akturk will wave the crescent flag in Croatia
- Balkans | Kurti saluted Kosovo soldiers returning from Turkey with medals
- Balkans | Greek Minister Dendias will attend the religious ceremony in Istanbul
- Balkans | Aid truck from Albania to the earthquake zone
- Balkans | Equipment support from TIKA to Croatia