The Office of the Special Prosecutor of the Republic of Kosovo submitted the indictment prepared against Dr. , a member of the Serbian military reservists, on suspicion of sexually assaulting a woman during the 1998-1999 Kosovo war, to the Pristina court for trial in absentia.
In a written statement from the Special Prosecutor’s Office, “Evidence was collected about Accused D., as a member of the Serbian military reserve forces during the war in Kosovo, violating international law during a massive and systematic attack by the Serbian army, police and paramilitary forces.” expression was used.
The indictment stated that the accused had sexually assaulted an Albanian woman, causing “wounds on her body and severe permanent mental trauma”.
It was indicated in the statement that the Office of the Special Prosecutor offered to conduct the trial “in absentia” because all efforts to find the accused had been exhausted.
He stated that with these actions, the defendants had committed “war crimes against the civilian population” under the Yugoslav Penal Code and the Criminal Code of the Republic of Kosovo.
The Kosovo government began the registration and verification process for victims of sexual harassment and assault in the Kosovo War in February 2018. By April, 1,473 cases had been confirmed, of which 1,402 were women and 71 were men.
It is estimated that around 20,000 people were victims of sexual harassment and abuse during the Kosovo War.
- Balkans | Greek Prime Minister Mitsotakis: We will build the steel wall in Meric
- Balkans | 39 irregular migrants who were pushed into Turkish territorial waters by Greek elements were rescued
- Balkans | IFOR: The security situation is stable in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | 70,000 Jews from 95 countries will immigrate to Israel in 2022
- Balkans | In Kosovo, two Serbs, including a child, were injured during Christmas celebrations in protest
- Balkans | The electronic declaration process for those who will vote in Turkey in the Bulgarian elections ends on March 7
- Balkans | The former vice president of the European Parliament accused of bribery denies the allegations
- Balkans | Donev discussed with Djukanovic the possibilities of increasing the volume of trade with Montenegro
- Balkans | Anadolu Efes will host Partizan tomorrow in the THY Europa League
- Balkans | The reaction of the Turks of Western Thrace to the football stadium project continues in the historic Turkish cemetery