While the municipalities in central and northern Kosovo have been facing floods since the morning due to the heavy rains that started yesterday, a state of emergency has been declared in the municipalities of Skandari and Mitrovica.
Kosovo defense minister Armand MahajA written statement stated that the institutions are monitoring the ongoing heavy rains in many parts of the country on the ground. “Based on the National Emergency Response Plan, the Department of Defense is fully prepared to respond according to the support needs of the Emergency Management Agency.” Use phrases.
The mayor of Mitrovica, Badri Hamza, also stated that the situation in the city is worrying.
Hamza shared through his social media account, “The situation in Mitrovica is worrying. We gathered and declared a state of emergency. Since the early hours of the morning, we have been doing our best to help people in the field and get close to them. There are families who want to be evicted, and they are many. The number of families in need of evacuation It is increasing at any moment. The rivers “Ibri” and “Lushta” came out of their beds and flooded most of the villages around Mitrovica, as well as part of the city. made remarks.
The mayor of Alexandria, Fadel Noura, stated that the situation has worsened due to the heavy rains, and that they have decided to declare a state of emergency at the municipal level and declare schools a holiday tomorrow.
It was observed that some vehicles were towed due to flooding in the area, where power outages occurred occasionally, and stranded people were rescued with the help of construction equipment.
In a statement issued by the Kosovo Institute of Meteorology, it was reported that rainfall will continue in the coming days and there is a possibility of flooding in other parts of the country.
On the other hand, Balkan countries such as Albania, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina are battling floods due to heavy rains in the past days.
- Balkans | Greece and Bulgaria are taking action on the pipeline project that will disrupt the strait
- Balkans | Investor confidence is on the rise for 3 consecutive months in the Eurozone
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina’s ambassador Alagic said he felt at home when he was a student in Turkey.
- Balkans | Serbia is going to “change the attitude” towards the representatives of the international community in Kosovo
- Balkans | German Chancellor Schulz: It is in our interest for the Balkan countries to join the European Union
- Balkans | 43 migrants left for dead by Greece have been rescued
- Balkans | Double refund for passengers due to cancellation of train services in France
- Balkans | Konjufca: Serbia aims to destabilize northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Turkey extends a helping hand to the flood victims in Serbia
- VII. Who is Cleopatra’s daughter Cleopatra Selene?