North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Bujar Osmani said that the country may face similar isolation as it was between 2006-2017 if rapid progress is not made on the EU track.
Speaking to Setel TV, Osmani said that without a European perspective, the country cannot breathe easily and that it was the European idea that gave North Macedonia strength.
Stating that EU membership is very important for the country’s future, Osmani stated that North Macedonia should not lag behind the region in the membership process. Osmani said: “If the negotiations stopped in November, Albania will continue the negotiations and we will enter the phase of isolation, which may last ten years.” First of all, new roads are being opened in the region due to Ukraine. Ukraine won candidacy status in the fastest way and negotiations are likely to start as well, because this is likewise a geopolitical issue. The EU cannot neglect Ukraine, and neglecting the Western Balkans is unthinkable. There will also be a way of dialogue between Serbia and Kosovo.
- Balkans | Description “Kosovo” by Milanović
- Balkans | 433 young men will join the Kosovo Police Force
- Balkans | Every issue in the Hellenic Basketball League will help earthquake victims
- Balkans | The death toll from a train accident in Greece has risen to 42
- Balkans | Audio recordings of sexually explicit conversations with children by Paludan, who burned a Quran, emerged
- Balkans | The tenth week of Turkish films kicked off in Croatia
- Balkans | Tsipras: Don’t disarm the carrots
- Balkans | Issue 266 of “Turkiti” magazine, published in Kosovo, has been published.
- Balkans | Rescue of 80 irregular migrants by Greece
- Balkans | Corti: They can’t blackmail us