During the meeting between Bulgarian Minister of Economy and Industry Nikola Stoyanov and Austrian Ambassador to Sofia Andrea Ikic Boehm, about 10% of the largest foreign investors in Bulgaria are Austrian companies, electricity distribution, telecommunications, energy, banking, finance and trade. It is understood that it is concentrated in almost all sectors of our economy, such as heavy and light industries.
“I hope that the ‘Breakfast with Investors’ initiative that we started will contribute to improving the dialogue and business environment for representatives of the Austrian business world,” said Minister Stoyanov, adding that the Bulgarian state will continue to work. For the positive development of bilateral economic relations between the two countries. “Austria is the second largest investor in Bulgaria, with investments in our country amounting to more than 5 billion euros,” Stoyanov added.
The minister stressed that Bulgaria has the potential to develop as a regional leader in the field of outsourcing services, as well as digital technologies and innovations. In this context, it is a priority to initiate more projects in this field and encourage development and research activities between companies from both countries. Stoyanov said other potential areas for bilateral cooperation include sectors in transport infrastructure, environmental protection and energy saving technologies.
The meeting was also attended by Wolfgang Thiel, Undersecretary of the Austrian Embassy in Sofia, and Philip Kupfer, Commercial Counselor.
- Balkans | 81,415 survivors have been evacuated from the provinces affected by the earthquake
- Balkans | Statement by the Deputy Prime Minister of Kosovo, Redzepi, on travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina with ID card
- Balkans | Bulgarian President Radev opposes providing weapons to Ukraine
- Balkans | Illegal entries into the EU reached the highest level since 2016 last year
- Balkans | 2.5 dinars, a new high on diesel
- Balkans | Plane crash in Bosnia and Herzegovina: two dead
- Balkans | The task of forming the government in Bulgaria was entrusted to Maria Gabriel
- Balkans | July 15, the commemoration ceremony for the Day of Democracy and National Unity in Albania
- Balkans | Reaction to Serbian leader Dodik’s statement that “the Republic of Serbia should be a joint state with Serbia”
- Balkans | Polish President Duda paid an official visit to Albania