Archbishop Mate Ozenić of the Catholic Church in Rijeka, Croatia, made a statement regarding cases of sexual abuse in the church.
Ozenić explained that MS, who sexually assaulted 13 boys between the ages of 6 and 13, was studying at the Faculty of Theology in Rijeka at the time.
Recalling that MS was accused of sexually abusing a child in 1992, Ozenić said in 2016, “He has confessed his crime. His church-related duties have been terminated, and he is banned from teaching at the college.” He said.
Referring to the new accusations brought against MS in 2018, Ozenić said, “MS has admitted to being involved in several cases of abuse between 1987 and 1994. There are 13 boys between the ages of 6 and 13.” He said.
Ozenić said his MS had nothing to do with the Catholic Church in Rijeka, and said he currently lives in Italy.
On the other hand, the MS confession letter appeared in the local media.
The Croatian newspaper Nacional indicated in its report that M.
The news stated that Sephar sent a confession letter to the newspaper on May 20, and included the following statements.
“I asked our Holy Father to absolve me of the sins I committed in my youth. The sins I committed were not due to my position. I do not blame others for my sins. I am responsible for everything. I am very sorry for the children I have hurt. All I can do is ask them that Forgive me and ask God to heal my wounds.”
The report alleged similar abuses in Catholic churches in Split and Zadar.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | US Secretary of State Blinken visits Turkey, Germany and Greece
- Balkans | Tradition of the centenary of Ramadan in Prizren: pitaika with eggs
- Balkans | The trial of former Kosovo President Thaci begins in The Hague
- Balkans | The breakfast program was held at the SOS Child Protection Agency
- Balkans | Celebration of the Croatian Armed Forces Day in Ankara
- Balkans | Rosen Jeliazkov was elected Speaker of the 49th Session of the Bulgarian People’s Assembly
- Balkans | An invitation from the European Islamic Forum to the whole world to “support Turkey”
- Balkans | An investigation has been opened against Dodek
- Balkans | Bosnian Ziraat Bank raises its capital
- Balkans | The Turkish army organizes an iftar program in Kosovo