Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias indicated that Greece’s solidarity with Turkey after the earthquakes that hit Kahramanmaraş and the positive atmosphere that emerged in Turkish public opinion revealed the rapprochement between the two peoples.
Speaking to Ta Nea newspaper, Dendias said: TurkeyExpressing that Turkey is facing an unprecedented catastrophe, he said that his visit to Turkey after the earthquake was to show Greece’s endless solidarity with the Turkish people.
dendias, Greeceat the bilateral level and the European Union (European UnionHe stated that he wanted to support Turkey as a member.
Expressing that Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu warmly welcomed him to Turkey, Dendias noted that Turkish citizens also sent very warm messages to Greek search and rescue teams.
Dendias stated that Greece’s desire to help and the gratitude of the Turkish community for this assistance indicates the closeness of the two peoples and their willingness to support the Turkish people whenever the need arises.
On the other hand, Dendias said that Greece’s assistance to the Turkish people cannot be linked to geopolitical developments, adding, “I take into account with caution the statement of my colleague Cavusoglu in which he expressed his hope that efforts will be made to resolve our disputes through dialogue.” He said.
Dendias stressed that after three years of tension, an optimistic picture was drawn of the return of good neighborly relations based on international law, which guarantees peace and stability.
- Balkans | Ilhan Kucuk: I am proud that Bulgaria is the first country in the European Union to respond to the tragedy
- Balkans | Illegal immigrants who were pushed into Turkish territorial waters by Greek elements explained their experiences
- Balkans | Heavy snowfall has caused transportation disruptions in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Discount on fuel prices
- Balkans | 6 million dinars from the North Macedonian government for the earthquake victims in Turkey
- Balkans | Bulgarian President Radev: Cooperation between Turkey and Bulgaria is very important for the security of the region
- Balkans | Kosovo takes another step towards visa liberalization with the EU
- Balkans | Turkey’s national under-17 football squad has been announced for the matches against Albania
- Balkans | 1.4 million people visited Qatar for the World Cup
- Balkans | K. Social media scorecard of Macedonian politicians