The European Union countries, Italy and Austria, have confirmed that they will always support Bosnia and Herzegovina in the process of joining the European Union.
Italy With Antonio Tajani, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Austria Foreign Minister Alexander Schallenberg, Bosnia and HerzegovinaA joint press conference was held with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Elmedin Konakovich, as part of his contacts in the capital, Sarajevo.
Tajani said that Italy wants to strengthen its cooperation with Bosnia and Herzegovina, “So, Bosnia and Herzegovina European Union membership The road will be strengthened. This is an important goal for you and us. We are ready to share our best experiences with Bosnia and Herzegovina so that the European Union can reach the standards it wants.
Noting that he offered to organize a joint business forum, Tajani said: “We are ready to strengthen cooperation in combating illegal immigration. Italy is helping Bosnia and Herzegovina in organizing border protection.” He said.
“we will help”
Austrian Foreign Minister Schallenberg told Bosnia and Herzegovina last year:Candidate country“This is a strategic mission for us. We do not see this place as a backyard. Austria is and will remain one of your biggest supporters. We are one of the countries with the highest rates of brain drain from Bosnia and Herzegovina and we are not happy about that.” He said.
Noting that Bosnia and Herzegovina has no time to lose on the road to EU membership, Schallenberg said, “We are here to help implement the 14 key priorities expected to be implemented by the EU.” Use the phrase.
“We have committed to following the policy of the European Union”
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Konakovich, said that the visit of the Italian and Austrian ministers today is important for his country, which is advancing towards the European Union.
Konakovich emphasized that Europe has begun to give greater importance to the Balkans due to the war between Russia and Ukraine, “We hope that we will begin to fulfill our obligations on the road to Europe officially. During the meeting, we committed ourselves to following the policy of the European Union.” He said.
Konakovich also called on politicians in his country, noting that “provocative” statements about relations with Europe should be avoided, and that they should act selflessly.
Tajani and Schellenberg will also be received by members of the Presidency Council of BiH as part of their contacts in Sarajevo.
- Balkans | Visit of the Turkish Ambassador to Athens Erciyes to the Greek Business Council DEİK
- Balkans | The population crisis is worsening in Bulgaria
- Balkans | Aid payments will continue for disabled persons whose disability determination has expired in Bulgaria
- Balkans | Bulgarian Interior Minister Demirjev was honored for the assistance provided to earthquake victims in Türkiye
- Balkans | Bulgaria has paid more than 740,000 levs in damages due to the rulings of the European Court of Human Rights in 2021
- Balkans | The former President of Kosovo, Hashim Thaci, has arrived in Kosovo to visit his ailing mother
- Balkans | Traja University carries out promotional activities in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Djokovic had to withdraw from Indian Wells
- Balkans | Corti: There is no such thing as a federation of municipalities of Serbia in Kosovo
- Balkans | Rescue of 44 illegal immigrants left for dead by Greece