Albania summoned British Ambassador to Tirana Alastair King-Smith to the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs over British Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick’s remarks about Albanians and gave a note verbale to the country.
In a written statement from the Albanian Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, it was reported that a note verbale was presented to Ambassador Smith due to the British Minister’s remarks.
The memo said concerns had been expressed about the immigration minister’s recent statement, which included discriminatory language against Albanians. It violates the positive spirit of bilateral cooperation underlined by the joint statement, which includes a joint assessment of its significant contribution to its culture. economy and society.” Data included.
The statement called for the continuation of constructive dialogue and cooperation to avoid the language of hatred and discrimination and to fulfill the commitments of the two democratic countries as partners and allies in international organizations.
“In the joint statement, our countries pledged to continue to strengthen co-operative relationships in a wide range of areas, with a focus on youth, innovation, tourism, education and the UK’s strategic investments in Albania.”
British Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick, in a video message he posted on social media, stated that they are working day and night to keep illegal Albanian immigrants away, adding: “There are not only illegal immigrants, but also dangerous criminals with drug offences.” may occur.
In response to the British minister’s remarks, the Albanian Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Ulta Shaka, described what happened on her social media account as “shameful marginalization of a society by a minister with democratic principles who recalls horrific memories with intolerable brutality.”
Albania and the United Kingdom signed a joint statement at the end of last year to “deepen bilateral cooperation in areas of mutual interest,” including the controversial issue of illegal immigration between the two countries.
- Balkans | The Minister received Akar Angeli, who was appointed Ambassador of Turkey to Kosovo.
- Balkans | Spasovsky: This government will not fall with a new parliamentary majority
- Balkans | Turkey’s exports to Bulgaria set a record in the industrial sector
- Balkans | Prisoner exchange between Russia and Ukraine
- Balkans | The European Union is considering the option of “buying in bulk” to address the shortage of medicines in Europe
- Balkans | Turkish skier Sila Kara won the bronze medal at the FA Cup in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Tjana Boskovic is “Serbia’s most successful actress” again
- Balkans | The signing of a coalition agreement in Bosnia and Herzegovina paves the way for the formation of the government
- Balkans | “SDSM and BDI government paid 73 million advance payments for electricity imports in two days”
- Balkans | Strong reaction from Kosovar Interior Minister Svela