Today, Kosovo President Fyuza Osmani received Albanian President Bagram Bijaj, who is in Kosovo to attend the celebrations of the 15th anniversary of Kosovo’s independence.
Guest President Bijaj congratulated President Osmani and the citizens of Kosovo on the fifteenth anniversary of its independence, stressing that Albania will always stand by Kosovo and contribute to strengthening its international standing.
President Osmani stated that Kosovo celebrates its fifteenth anniversary of independence in the face of difficulties, but is determined to strengthen the country and take firm steps in its Euro-Atlantic journey.
Osmani said, “On the 15th anniversary of independence, the architect of the state of Kosovo, the historic President Dr. Ibrahim Rugova said they commemorate the legendary leader Adem Yasari and everyone who contributed to freedom, independence and state building under the leadership of the Kosovo Liberation Army (UCK) and heroically sacrificed his life for Freedom.
The two presidents considered the relations between Kosovo and Albania not only friendly, but also fraternal, with a commitment to strengthening relations.
President Osmani pointed out the need for more coordination and cohesion, especially in the field of foreign policy, stressing that in this case, Albania should have a strong voice for Kosovo in the institutions where Kosovo is not currently represented.
The two presidents noted that Kosovo and Albania are jointly committed and determined to protect democracy, peace and freedom, and that the stability of the region is vital for both countries to continue their European journey.
- Balkans | The XIII International Scout Camp held in Ohrid with the support of TIKA
- Balkans | In Serbia, a 7th grade student organized an armed attack on a school: 1 killed, 5 wounded
- Balkans | What time is the Eid prayer held?
- Balkans | Power outage in part of Skopje on Sunday morning
- Balkans | Turkish President Erdogan had a telephone conversation with Kosovar Prime Minister Kurti
- Balkans | “The political crisis poses a threat to the Bulgarian economy”
- Balkans | Albanian President Bijaj in Kosovo
- Balkans | Türkiye women’s national basketball team will play a friendly match against Greece
- Balkans | In Kosovo, there is a high cost of public transportation in the city￼
- Balkans | Drug use is rising in Europe, and the illegal market is growing