Albanian President Bajram Bigag met Austrian President Alexander Van der Bellen, who was holding talks in his country, in the capital, Tirana.
Van der Bellen, who was visiting his country, was received in an official ceremony at the Presidency.
In the joint press conference held after the meeting, Van der Bellen said they discussed the issue of strengthening cooperation between the two countries.
Noting that his country is a big promoter of EU membership processes in the Western Balkan countries, especially Albania, Van der Bellen described the start of negotiations between North Macedonia and Albania with the EU in July 2022 as a very good result.
Noting that they welcomed Albania’s stance on the Russo-Ukrainian war of “standing by Ukraine and supporting all EU sanctions measures,” Van der Bellen said, “I think we should stand by and stand in solidarity with an independent Ukraine.” He said.
Van der Bellen emphasized that the normalization of relations between Serbia and Kosovo is necessary for the development of the region, “I believe that the negotiations in Ohrid can be the cornerstone for the normalization of relations between Kosovo and Serbia. The dialogue between these countries is very difficult of course, but without an agreement between the two sides, both countries realize that they will not There will be a future compatible with the European Union.” He said.
Albanian President Begaj
Expressing that Austria is a historical partner and friend of Albania and its people, Pegaj said his country plays an active role in supporting the European perspective.
Stressing that they reaffirmed their position of “condemning unwarranted and unprovoked aggression against a sovereign state” with his counterpart regarding the Russo-Ukrainian war, Bijaj also expressed their unwavering support for the Ukrainian people and the territorial integrity of their country.
Referring to the process of normalization of relations between Kosovo and Serbia and the negotiations between these countries, Pegaj said, “Kosovo is of utmost importance to us. We fully believe that dialogue is the only way to solve the problems between the Republic of Kosovo and the Republic of Serbia. I cannot under any circumstances, As President of Albania, accepting the existence of Republika Srpska (Republic of Serbia) in Kosovo.” Use phrases.
Addressing deputies in the Albanian Parliament, Austrian President Van der Bellen is scheduled to attend the economic forum organized by Albanian President Bijaj and Austrian businessmen in the country.
- Balkans | Vucic: “Until the ZSO is established, I will only go to Brussels for tourism purposes”
- Balkans | Kosovo’s Minister for Regional Development Damka held talks in Brussels
- Balkans | Two new missions from Belgrade to Turkey
- Balkans | Children from Skopje donating money boxes to their siblings in Turkey
- Balkans | Bulgarian Interior Minister Demirjev was honored for the assistance provided to earthquake victims in Türkiye
- Balkans | The economy in Bulgaria grew by 3.3% between July and September
- Balkans | 1,000 people own real estate worth 5 billion euros in Kosovo
- Balkans | Identifying 6 other victims of the Bosnian war
- Balkans | Voting begins in North Macedonia for the second round of the presidential elections in Türkiye
- Balkans | An earthquake occurred near Radović