Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama stressed that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has done an exceptional job for his country.
Speaking at the Delphi Economic Forum in Greece, Rama touched on regional and other issues, including Turkey, President Erdogan, the European integration process in his country and Greek relations.
Emphasizing that Turkish President Erdogan has done an exceptional job for his country, Rama made the following assessments:
I don’t want to get into this debate at all, regardless of the election results, but in my opinion, President Erdogan has done an extraordinary job for his country, he has changed Turkey a lot. Of course, there are some controversial things, but before discussing, I must say that the behavior of the European Union towards Turkey is controversial. What happened at the time when Turkey was told that “to be accepted (in the EU) you must reform” was the opposite; Türkiye was brutally left behind the door.
The coup attempt that followed was a very critical moment with such extraordinary impact that Erdoğan felt he was being let down. So it’s a complicated thing. But one thing cannot be denied, that Turkey with or without Erdogan is very important to Europe’s security. The European Union should take Türkiye seriously.”
Albanian Prime Minister Rama also said that he is a friend of President Erdogan.
– “Relations between Kosovo and Serbia are better than ever before”
Rama also touched on his country’s relations with Greece, describing them as at the top.
Noting that the two countries work closely, Rama said: “Greece is a very important partner and strategic partner when it comes to negotiations with the European Union. It has been a strong support for us. It has also provided strong support to North Macedonia by resolving the name issue or related issues.” . He said.
Referring to the dialogue process between Kosovo and Serbia, Rama noted that this issue between the two countries is still a big one, and resolving this issue means that the chapter consisting of “much blood and conflict” will be closed forever. .
Describing this issue as very important and strategic, Rama said that relations between Kosovo and Serbia have never been better than they are now.
Rama said: “We have three NATO member states, Albania, North Macedonia and Montenegro, but there is no Russian influence in Albania, while Montenegro and Macedonia have annoying Russian influence. On the other hand, there is Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo. Kosovo, like Albania, is in line Exactly with the United States and Canada, and there is no Russian influence, but there is a lot of Russian influence in Serbia and Bosnia. He said.
- Balkans | Bulgaria and Romania categorically condemn Russia’s aggression against Ukraine
- The International Balkan University has published a “Turk-Macedonian Evidence Settlement Map”
- Balkans | Stoltenberg: “(Sending additional forces to Kosovo) does not mean that NATO has given up on a political solution”
- Balkans | Croatia becomes a member of the European Stability Mechanism
- 6 facts you should know about the history of oral sex
- Balkans | Ozer, the founder of Thodex, was transferred to Türkiye
- Balkans | The US Senate passes a bill on sharing information about the origin of Kovid-19
- Balkans | 12 Palestinians were wounded by live bullets in the occupied West Bank
- Balkans | The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina Konakovich met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates, Al Nahyan
- Balkans | The breakfast program was held at the SOS Child Protection Agency