The Ministry of Defense of Bosnia and Herzegovina signed an agreement with the ASFAT company operating in the field of defense industries in Turkey for the maintenance and supply of spare parts for tanks and armored vehicles for the Armed Forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The agreement was signed by Defense Minister Cevet Budzic and the company’s general manager Esad Akgün on behalf of ASFAT. The signing ceremony was also attended by the Turkish ambassador to Sarajevo, Sadik Babur Vergin, and the military attaché at the Sarajevo embassy, Colonel Mustafa Setki Tatar.
Stating that Turkey is always ready to help the Bosnian Armed Forces here, Ambassador Vergen said that within the framework of the agreement, Bosnian technical personnel will be given the opportunity to closely monitor the operation and provide training, as well as provide spare parts and vehicle maintenance services for the Armed Forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Minister of Defense of Bosnia and Herzegovina Budzic drew attention to the importance of successful cooperation between Turkey and Bosnia and Herzegovina and thanked Turkey for its support.
Expressing their previous cooperation with the ASFAT helicopter maintenance company of the Armed Forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Budzic noted that with this agreement, the issue of maintenance of tanks and armored vehicles will also be resolved.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | The Serbian list demands that the Kosovo Special Forces be declared a terrorist organization
- Balkans | US Secretary of State Blinken criticized Kosovo and Serbia and urged both sides to reduce tensions
- Balkans | The Turkish Embassy in Skopje made a statement about the handover of the collected aid.
- Balkans | Bosnian leader Izetbegović had a telephone conversation with President Erdoğan
- Balkans | Serbia and Croatia want to strengthen mutual relations
- Balkans | Greek Foreign Minister Dendias said the earthquakes were “absolutely devastating”
- Balkans | Greek Foreign Minister Dendias said they are historical friends of Serbia
- Balkans | The PKK suspect was arrested while fleeing to Greece
- Balkans | Bosnian Leader Besirovic: Bosnia and Herzegovina is moving unceasingly towards NATO
- Balkans | Macedonia wants to supply Bayraktar TB2