It was reported that the prosecutor’s office opened an investigation after sympathizers of the racist Golden Dawn party interfered with an exhibition in Thessaloniki, Greece.
According to the news of the Greek state agency AMNA, the prosecution opened an investigation to determine the identities of the attackers, after the intervention of sympathizers of the racist Golden Dawn party in the exhibition of paintings by the North Macedonian artist Serge Andreevsky in Thessaloniki.
While the unit to combat racial violence of the Hellenic Police Organization will be assigned to investigate, the data of the exhibition organizers and those who were present during the incident will be searched in this context.
The attackers forced the organizers of the art gallery to remove the artworks from the wall and put red tape at the entrance to the hall to prevent them from entering the exhibition.
The far-right Golden Dawn party was recognized as a “criminal organization” by a Greek court in October 2020, and the party’s executives were sentenced to prison terms.
Reaction from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Macedonia
A written statement issued by North Macedonia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that the police were called to the scene and the necessary information was provided.
The statement reads that the Consulate General of North Macedonia in Thessaloniki, the Embassy of Athens and the Greek authorities have been contacted about the incident and said: “The Ambassador of Greece in Skopje, Sofia Filipido, has been summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs today. Official expectations will be communicated from our neighbor about the measures to be taken to identify and prosecute perpetrators.” expression was used.
- Balkans | Investment opportunities in Bulgaria will be presented in Istanbul
- Increase in fuel prices
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Parliament refused to veto the amendments to the election law
- Balkans | FIFA fined Serbia for a controversial flag
- Balkans | Why are President Thachi and the Oak leaders on trial?
- Balkans | Support from students of the reinforcement course for earthquake survivors in Turkey
- Balkans | Germany calls for dialogue between Serbia and Kosovo
- Balkans | 5 people were caught trying to cross into Greece illegally
- Balkans | Spasovsky: 1.4 tons of drugs were destroyed
- Balkans | The feet of the bridge between the border gates were cleaned by Turkish and Greek teams