The lawyer of Eva Kayli, who was detained on allegations of corruption and bribery when she was Vice-President of the European Parliament, stated that only some money was found in Kayli’s home and claimed that her husband was responsible for it. for this case.
The Greek lawyer of Eva Kaili, who was detained on allegations of corruption and bribery when she was Vice-President of the European Parliament (EP), stated that only some money was found in photos reflected in the press at Kaili’s. She claimed that her husband was responsible for this situation.
Speaking to Greece’s MEGA TV, lawyer Mihalis Dimitrakopoulos made an assessment of the cash in bales that were taken by the police and appeared in the Belgian press.
Dimitrakopoulos confirmed that he could not share the details due to the confidentiality of the file, and said it was not clear who exactly the money in the photos belonged to.
Dimitrakopoulos indicated that the large sums of money that were seized at various points by the Belgian Federal Prosecutor’s Office in the framework of the investigation into corruption and bribery were found as a result of inspections conducted at 9 different points, and indicated that some of the money in the photo was found in Kylie’s house. .
Dimitrakopoulos said: “The coins found in Caylee’s house had nothing to do with Cayley. He also had a wife at home. His wife is the only person who can provide answers as to who owns those coins.” He said.
Stating that the information that Cayley’s father Alexandros Cayley had money in a suitcase was true, Dimitrakopoulos claimed that this money was given to him by Cayley’s wife, Francesco Giorgi, who was detained within the scope of the same investigation.
“Qatar has no reason to bribe Kylie,” Dimitracopoulos said. He said.
Dimitrakopoulos said that Cayley’s visit to Qatar was within the scope of the knowledge and directives of the President of the European Parliament, Roberta Mitsola, claiming that Cayley had no special service for Qatari interests.
Kylie is fired
In the vote that took place yesterday in the General Assembly of the European Parliament held in Strasbourg, France, it was decided, by a majority of 625 deputies, to remove Kylie from his position as Vice President.
The decision regarding Kylie, one of the 14 vice-presidents of the European Parliament, took effect immediately.
Qatar denied the allegations.
Media reports alleged that Eva Kayley and other detainees had taken bribes from Qatar to influence economic and political decisions of the European Parliament. On the other hand, Qatar denied these allegations.
“Efforts to link Qatar to accusations made against some people in the press are categorically rejected,” the statement issued by the European Union Delegation to Qatar said.
- Balkans | MSB: Aid of clothing has been provided to 38 families affected by floods in Kosovo
- Balkans | The salaries of the disabled in Bulgaria will not be cut until the reports of the Board of Health of the Disabled are renewed
- Balkans | Serbia asks the Kosovo Force to send troops to Kosovo
- Balkans | The signing of a coalition agreement in Bosnia and Herzegovina paves the way for the formation of the government
- 9 heirs who had to wait many years to become king
- Balkans | Honorary President of the Supreme Court of Greece: The decision to recognize the Macedonian Language Center must be annulled
- Balkans | Culture, language and history talk at the centenary of diplomatic relations between Turkey and Albania, held in Tirana
- Balkans | President of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Şentop: As Turkey, our basic perspective is a human perspective.
- Balkans | Twitter discoveries from Elon Musk
- Balkans | The teams of the two countries will jointly clean the feet of the bridge between the Turkish-Greek border gates