The European Parliament’s Foreign Relations Committee approved a draft resolution on Albania’s integration into the European Union, describing the country as an important geopolitical ally and reliable partner.
The report, which was adopted by 52 votes to 5, with 10 abstentions, stated that Albania had to fulfill certain conditions in order to join the European Union.
EU lawmakers have suggested that the Albanian government cooperate with the opposition on EU reforms, and have stated that membership criteria must be met before 2030.
The European Parliament Committee also called on the country to take steps regarding media freedom and minority rights in the report, which indicated the need to create sustainable structures to combat corruption, cybercrime, human trafficking and money laundering.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | A message of friendship from Erdogan to Greece
- Balkans | chain accident on the Kirchova – Gostivar highway; one wounded
- Balkans | Tirana leads the economy of Albania
- Balkans | The “Independence Day” reception held in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | CATROGALOS: The minority in Western Thrace can define itself as it likes
- Balkans | The heinous attack on a mosque in Bosnia and Herzegovina has been met with a backlash
- Balkans | Nowruz celebration in Albania
- Balkans | Uncertainty over local elections in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | The former president of the Yemeni Youth Association, Murad, was elected to the working group on constitutional amendments
- Balkans | Croatian footballer Gvardiol may be the “most expensive defender” in history