Austria will support Bulgaria’s fight against illegal immigration.
Bulgarian President Rumen Radev held a joint press conference with Austrian Prime Minister Karl Nehammer, who is in the country as part of a one-day working visit, after inspecting the measures taken against irregular immigration from the air, according to the Bulgarian BTA Agency.
Nehammer stated that they were very pleased with Bulgaria’s efforts to prevent irregular migration, and stated that Austria supports Bulgaria’s efforts and that they would press for the necessary two billion euros to be provided with the support of the European Union.
Radev added, “Bulgaria, while defending its national security, is making extraordinary efforts to meet this challenge as the external border of the European Union (EU). He said.
Radev said his country has strengthened border protection measures, introduced new monitoring systems, and added members of the armed forces to the border.
- Balkans | 43 migrants left for dead by Greece have been rescued
- Balkans | Ahmet Candemir has been appointed as the President of the Pristina Basketball Team.
- Balkans | FIFA fined Serbia for a controversial flag
- Balkans | The economy in Bulgaria grew by 3.3% between July and September
- Balkans | The United States, the European Union and NATO call for restraint in the face of tensions in Kosovo
- Balkans | Equipment support from Turkey for the Albanian police
- Balkans | The Turkish language is not included in the celebration of the New Year in Prizren
- Balkans | Ilhan Kuchuk: Bulgaria’s failures stem from the examples of Borisov and Petkov
- Balkans | Ottoman Foreign Minister visits Kyiv
- Balkans | 2,250 Ukrainian students are enrolled in Bulgarian schools