The NATO peace force in Kosovo (KFOR) has announced that it is working to remove the last barriers in the north of the country.
infidels “The International Security Force Mission in Kosovo (ISKFOR) is conducting engineering operations in northern Kosovo to restore freedom of movement by removing a few vehicles obstructing road traffic, in accordance with the mandate given by the United Nations,” the statement stated. Data included.
Due to the arson of trucks on the checkpoint located in the “Kershi i Dudes” location between the municipalities of North Mitrovica and Leposavic, Barricades It cannot be removed.
Tensions between Kosovo and Serbia
Tensions between Kosovo and Serbia escalate after the arrest of former Serbian policeman Dejan Pantec.
In response to Pantik’s detention, Kosovo Serbs blocked the roads with barricades that they set up in northern Kosovo between 10 and 29 December 2022.
The Serbian President Vucic had called for the lifting of the barriers set up in response to the arrest of Pantek in northern Kosovo after the arrest warrant turned into house arrest.
Serbia considers Kosovo, which unilaterally declared its independence in 2008, to be its territory.
Serbia and Kosovo, which clash periodically, are trying to find a common way to normalize relations, and eventually the two countries get to know each other, within the scope of the Belgrade-Pristina dialogue process initiated in 2011 with the mediation of the European Union.
- Balkans | Kosovo: Serbia’s dream of hegemony will not come true
- Balkans | Boran commanded howitzers from North Macedonia
- Balkans | Serbia sends humanitarian aid to Ukraine
- Balkans | Adding new names to the eavesdropping scandal in Greece
- Balkans | Elon Musk also revealed the process of suspending Trump’s account
- Balkans | Bulgarian President Radev met with Austrian Chancellor Nhamiro
- Balkans | Rama’s reaction to the European Union and the United States
- Balkans | International Balkan University increases its academic success
- Balkans | New barriers erected in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Kosovo President: Serb military presence in Kosovo ended permanently in 1999