KosovoBy ethnic Serbs in the municipalities of Zvecan, Zubin Potok and Leposavic in North Barricades 11 days have passed since its inception.
The night passed without incident at the points where the barricades were erected.
The Serbs indicate that the barriers will be lifted when Miljan Adzic, Dejan Pantec and Sladjan Trajkovic are released, as well as when the Kosovo Special Forces withdraw from the north of the country.
Kosovar Prime Minister Albin Kurti said the barricades could no longer be allowed, but he feared that it would not be possible without the victims.
Serbia Petar Petkovic, director of his government’s office in Kosovo, said the barricades mean freedom for Serbs and represent their peaceful resistance to “the lawlessness of Albin Kurti and his extremists, whose only goal is ethnically homogeneous Kosovo and his path to Greater Albania.”
Kosovo Police announced that the Jarenje and Brinjak border crossings remain closed.
Balkan News Source
- Balkans | Albania moved to tighten sanctions against Russia
- 12 interesting pieces from the tomb of Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun
- Balkans | Galatasaray broke up with Bosnian footballer-Herzigovene Seferović
- Balkans | The Grand Mufti of Bulgaria opened the mosque he built in Nepal for worship
- Balkans | Hull City are interested in Macedonian national footballer Bardi
- Balkans | 1 billion people worldwide are served by health facilities without safe electricity
- Balkans | Chief of the General Staff Guler met his counterparts from the Balkan countries in Sofia
- Balkans | Statement “gunshots” from the NATO peacekeeping force “KFOR” in Kosovo
- Balkans | Fenerbahce Beko defeated Greek representative Panathinaikos
- Balkans | Kosovo veterans protest