Kosovar Prime Minister Albin Kurti met with US Special Representative for the Western Balkans Gabriel Escobar and European Special Envoy for the Kosovo-Serbia Dialogue Miroslav Lajcak.
The statement provided by the Prime Minister’s Information Office regarding the meeting stated that it was agreed to remove barriers in the north that impede freedom of movement.
“The Republic of Kosovo has consistently demonstrated that it is a firm and constructive party to reach a legally and internationally binding agreement with Serbia, with mutual recognition at the centre, for the full normalization of relations,” the statement read.
Miroslav Lajcak, the European Union’s special envoy for the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue, said in a statement after the meeting that he preferred the diplomatic way to remove barriers in northern Kosovo rather than the cliff.
“We are not satisfied with the situation in the north,” Lajac said. I don’t want to point fingers at the criminal. Stress does not benefit anyone. We are determined to find a solution to the situation. “I am a diplomat and there are better ways to remove barriers than using bulldozers,” he said.
The US Special Representative for the Western Balkans, Gabriel Escobar, has indicated that it is time to start negotiations for the creation of a federation of Serbian municipalities, and that he made this clear to Prime Minister Albin Kurti.
Escobar also expressed his hope for a solution to the current crisis in northern Kosovo as soon as possible, and expressed his support for the European proposal to normalize relations between Kosovo and Serbia.
- Balkans | Health examination of a Turkish soldier serving in Kosovo
- Balkans | Chief of the General Staff of Ukraine Zaluzhny: We have enough strength to defeat the enemy
- Balkans | Claims that general elections in Greece will not take place before April
- Balkans | Celebrating the 21st anniversary of Köprü magazine
- Balkans | 70 percent of Albanians live in financial difficulties
- Balkans | Serbian leader Dodik defended his decision to award Putin the “Order of the Republic of Serbia”.
- Balkans | Vice President Oktay’s reaction to the Chief of the General Staff of Greece Floros
- Balkans | 6 adventure films will be screened at the “Days of Challenges” festival in Bulgaria
- Balkans | Letter from the Greek Minister of Health, Plevris, to the European Union regarding the shortage of medicines
- Balkans | TMBH President Saraç attended the BBP￼ 30th Anniversary Program