Bosnia and Herzegovina Foreign Minister Elmedin Konakovich said that Belgium will open an embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Konakovich met with his Belgian counterpart, Hadji Lahbib, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs building in the capital, Sarajevo.
After the bilateral meeting, the ministers held a joint press conference.
Konakovich, in his statement here, Belgiumin Bosnia and Herzegovina Embassy He said he decided to open it.
“This is very good and unusual news for us,” Konakovich said, noting that the decision in question will greatly contribute to the relations between the two countries. He said.
Noting that they had signed a memorandum of understanding between Lahbib and the foreign ministries, Konakovich sent Belgium to his country the European Union (European Union) thanked him for his support on his path to membership.
Konakovich stressed that the presence of the European Union peacekeeping mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina is important for the stability of the country, and said that if there is no stability in the country, there will be no investments and no tourism.
“Bosnia and Herzegovina is part of the European Union family”
On the other hand, the Belgian Minister expressed to Habib their concern about the recent separatist statements made by Milorad Dodik, the President of Republika Srpska, one of the two entities in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
He assured Habib that Bosnia and Herzegovina is part of the European Union family, and assured that their support would continue on this path.
Noting that the opening of his country’s embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina will strengthen relations between the two countries, Habib continued as follows:
“Bosnia and HerzegovinaWe would like to confirm our support for the integration of the European Union. That is why we signed a memorandum of understanding. We believe we are at a crossroads when we talk about diversity, peoples and languages in Bosnia and Herzegovina and my country, Belgium. Belgium is determined to strengthen the EU’s perspective on Bosnia and Herzegovina. We have contributed to launching a constructive dialogue, which is very important for the citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Lahbib also referred to the war in Ukraine, “We have a democratic duty to promote peaceful and stable institutions. I hope that the situation in Ukraine will be resolved in the best possible way.
Members of the Presidency Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina will also receive Belgian Minister Habib.
- Balkans | Foggy weather adversely affects air and ground transportation in Skopje
- Balkans | Nearly 3 million acres have been damaged in forest fires in the past 20 years in Greece
- Balkans | Serbia sends humanitarian aid to Ukraine
- Balkans | Nilufar Bulgaria Choir, Traveler
- Balkans | German Foreign Minister Berbock: The place of North Macedonia is the European Union
- Balkans | The Turkish national football team continued its preparations for the Armenia-Croatia match
- Balkans | 35 kilometers of additional steel fencing stretches from Greece to the banks of the Evros River
- Balkans | Barrier statement of the Minister of the Interior of Kosovo Svichla
- Balkans | Greece rescued 70 irregular migrants who returned to Turkish territorial waters
- Balkans | The aid truck of the Ministry of Defense of North Macedonia is on its way to Turkey