Turkey’s Ambassador to Belgrade, Hami Aksoy, has invited students from Serbia to apply for the “Turkey Scholarship” program, which is being coordinated by the Presidency of Turks Abroad and Related Communities (YTB).
Aksoy stated that students from the Balkans also have great interest in this program and said, “Last year, 45 students from Serbia benefited from this scholarship.” He said.
Stating that a record was broken last year and more than 170,000 students from 171 countries applied to this exchange, Aksoy said, “I think the most important reason for this interest is that it is a very comprehensive program. This is not just a program that includes university fees or student registration In addition, students are provided with health services, insurance and Turkish language training. He said.
Noting that the students had the opportunity to receive education in the best universities in Turkey within the scope of the program, Aksoy said that the students assumed the mission of “Turkey’s ambassadors” after graduation.
Aksoy noted that Serbian students can get quality education in Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir as well as many other cities.
Aksoy stated that among the graduates who completed the scholarship program in Turkey, there were also people who took the position of ambassador, and that they wanted Serbian students to benefit from the “Scholarship in Turkey” program.
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina celebrates the 31st anniversary of its independence with festivities
- Balkans | A new record in trade between Bulgaria and Germany
- Balkans | European Union countries approve a loan of 18 billion euros for Ukraine
- Balkans | Financial assistance from Kumanova and Kavadarci municipalities for earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria
- Balkans | Tourism in Europe is approaching pre-COVID-19 levels
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Çavuşoğlu: We provide the necessary support for the arrival of aid coming to Syria as well.
- Balkans | A message of solidarity with Turkey and Syria as a result of the earthquakes from the Organization of Islamic Cooperation
- Balkans | Kosovo submits its application for membership in the European Union
- Balkans | Students from Bosnia and Herzegovina sent toys to their peers in earthquake victims
- Balkans | Kavazovic: “We must be ready to defend our country with weapons if necessary”