A 50-kilogram flying bomb, estimated to be from World War II, was destroyed in Banja Luka, northern Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Civil Protection Department Head Dragan Babić said, “We have identified the site as a priority in line with the notice we received three weeks ago. After that, we have completed the necessary preparations.” He said.
Babic stated that 30 homes in the vicinity were evacuated and the bomb, estimated to be from World War II, was safely destroyed.
- Balkans | The group gathered at Serbia’s border with Kosovo and organized a demonstration
- Balkans | The feet of the bridge between the border gates were cleaned by Turkish and Greek teams
- Balkans | The heinous attack on a mosque in Bosnia and Herzegovina has been met with a backlash
- Balkans | 1,263 members of a terrorist organization fleeing to Greece were arrested last year in Edirne
- Balkans | Kurti: The deadline that we gave to the KFOR to remove the barriers is coming to an end
- Balkans | Turning point in the rights struggle of the Turks of Western Thrace: January 29
- Balkans | US State Department: Tanks will be delivered only on condition that Ukraine defends its territory
- Balkans | Big discount on fuel prices
- Balkans | Bulgaria agrees to send a package of arms aid to Ukraine
- Balkans | Kosovo Police increases its presence in the north of the country