Macedonia has ordered 18 Buran howitzers to Turkey. 3 batteries of BORAN Howitzer, each with 6 howitzers, will be delivered to the Macedonian army.
According to the news in the local newspapers; North Macedonia, the last member of NATO, bought three batteries from Turkey, a total of 18 MKE A.Ş. You will receive a BORAN Light Towed Howitzer. Buran howitzers, which recently entered the inventory of the Turkish Armed Forces, were purchased as part of the modernization of the artillery divisions of the Macedonian army.
The news in question included the following statements: “The North Macedonian Army has launched a major modernization step. Thanks to US and German military assistance, the transition is being made from the technological legacy of the Cold War, which was largely transferred from Ukraine in 2001, to modern warfare systems. BORAN Howitzer will be purchased For artillery, the American combat vehicles “Stryker” and “JLTV” for the infantry, the French missile system “Mistral 3” for air defense from Turkey.
The first battery, each of which consisted of 6 Buran guns, in two years; The remaining two batteries are scheduled to be delivered to the Macedonian Army in the period 2029-2031.
105 mm airborne howitzer, Buran, MKE A.Ş. by; It is designed to press the brigade’s objective and support the internal security operations, air operations and commando brigades of the Turkish Armed Forces.
With long-range ammunition, the BORAN has a range of more than 17 kilometers, a rate of fire of 6 strokes per minute, and a 105mm barrel. The howitzer, used with 5 personnel, can take up a firing position in less than 1 minute. The howitzer, with a total weight of 1,780 kilograms with a fire control system, can be transported by Sikorsky S-70 helicopters and various light vehicles.
The howitzer can perform all kinds of firing missions for 8 hours without a break. It has equipment such as a fire control system, a global positioning system (GPS) and panoramic sights.
- Balkans | EU “Request for Russia Visa” application to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | MATUSITEB Chairman Ibrahim was a guest on MTV’s Current Show
- Balkans | New Year’s message from FEP President Asafoğlu
- Balkans | German Chancellor Schultz stated that they would not allow war between Russia and NATO.
- 6 interesting gifts that countries give each other
- Balkans | In Albania “Sultan II. The Lost Piano Concert by Abdul Hamid Han” was held
- Balkans | Police injured in an attack on security forces in Kosovo
- Balkans | 84 Activities of the Turkish Writers Association Kosovo in 2022
- Balkans | President Bendarovski celebrated Turkey Day December 21
- Balkans | More than 50 percent of young Bosnians want to leave the country