The European Union’s foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, said that Kosovo and the Serbian authorities have taken an important and symbolic step to establish the Union of Serbian Municipalities.
EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell made the remarks after the EU-brokered Kurti-Vucic meeting in Brussels as part of the dialogue.
Borrell said that although no agreement was reached on the draft statute of the Federation of Serbian Municipalities, Prime Minister Albin Kurti and Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic took an important step towards creating the federation.
Pointing out that there are differences between Kosovo and Serbia regarding the union of Serbian municipalities, Borrell said: “The two parties took an important and symbolic step towards the establishment of a union of municipalities with a Serb majority. This deal took place 10 years ago. Today the first draft was submitted to the two parties, but this is not the final draft. Kurti expressed his views on the protection of the Serb community in Kosovo. There are differences of opinion between the parties on the federation of municipalities of the Serb majority. Both sides should be constructive and willing to make concessions in the negotiations. The process should be guided by previous agreements.
- Balkans | An investigation has been opened against Dodek
- Balkans | Nikos Androuulakis, leader of the PASOK-KINAL coalition in Greece, refuses to form a government
- Balkans | The second leg of the European Shooting Grand Prix kicks off in Croatia
- What you need to know about the Columbia space shuttle crash
- Balkans | Relief trucks were sent from Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina for the earthquake victims
- Balkans | The Bosniak pilgrim Bejanović will travel more than 6,000 kilometers to reach Mecca
- Balkans | Demonstration against High Representative Schmidt in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The Council of Ministers of the European Union approves the decision to exempt Kosovo from a visa
- Balkans | Leaked Pentagon documents betray Serbia
- Balkans | The meeting of the Association of Independent Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (MUSIAD) took place in Karjali