“We are here to show how much we appreciate the progress North Macedonia has made,” said Josep Borrell, High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy of the European Union. He said.
The future of North Macedonia and its citizens lies in the European Union, and only together we can be strong in order to overcome challenges.
Pointing out that the Stabilization and Participation Council meetings have been held in Luxembourg so far, Borrell said: “Today we convened the Stabilization and Participation Council in Skopje for the first time because, as I said, we wanted to show how much we appreciate the progress made by North Macedonia. This is a clear sign that the EU He approaches you and shows you that the Western Balkans is and will remain an important part of our geopolitical dimension in the future. He rated it.
European Ambassador for Enlargement Oliver Varhelyi emphasized that it was important for the country to speed up reform efforts, not slow them down.
Explaining that efforts for the country’s accession to the European Union have been accelerated, Varhelyi stressed that “the government and parliament must accelerate their reform efforts.” He asked for support from citizens because Europe, he said, needs this kind of support.” He said.
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina’s 560-year-old traditional drink: Bosnian coffee
- Balkans | The population crisis is worsening in Bulgaria
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic: We are for peace and stability
- Balkans | The current OSCE Chairman Osmani and Secretary General Schmid went to Turkey
- Balkans | The Sanjak region of Serbia is home to natural beauty and intriguing legends
- Balkans | A chain of solidarity from Greece to Bodrum
- Balkans | Ukrainian President Zelensky fires some intelligence executives
- Balkans | Shipment of 70 containers from Bulgaria to earthquake zones in Turkey has begun
- Balkans | Rama: Thaci was a Kosovar Zelenski, I hope he is not guilty of war crimes
- Balkans | Chaos in the Albanian opposition