Stating that the Bosnian people stand by earthquake-damaged Turkey, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Elmdin Konakovich, said: “Stay strong, we are praying for you, we are with you. We will stand together through this terrible disaster.” He said.
Konakovich, who came to Turkey after the earthquakes centered in Kahramanmaraş, described as the “catastrophe of the century”, conducted investigations in Hatay.
Konakovich said it was difficult to speak after what he saw in Hatay, one of the quake-affected areas.
Noting that Bosnia and Herzegovina came to Turkey to convey its support to the Turkish people and the Turkish state affected by the earthquake with a strong message, Konakovich said that Bosnia and Herzegovina and the people of Bosnia moved quickly after the earthquake and sent search and rescue teams and aid to the region.
Konakovich explained that more than 200 search and rescue specialists who came to the area from Bosnia after the earthquake did a good job here, and that these teams rescued 26 people from under the rubble and they are very proud of them.
Noting that 50 trucks loaded with foodstuffs and other products from Bosnia set off for Turkey to help the earthquake victims, Konakovich noted, “We are not a very strong country, we are not a big country, but the hearts of Bosnians are very big and our people are again in this crisis,” Konakovich said. It showed that there were those who for you.” He said.
Konakovich explained that they were shocked after receiving news of the earthquake and did not know its magnitude, and indicated that he realized the magnitude of the earthquake after the devastation he witnessed after his arrival in Hatay.
“I’ve never seen anything like this before.”
Konakovich reaffirmed his country’s support for Turkey, noting that it is not possible to explain what he saw in Hatay, one of the areas affected by the earthquake, “I have never seen anything like this. I was a soldier in the Bosnian army during the war and I saw a lot in my life, but for the first time I felt shocked.” Destroyed buildings, lost lives… In such a situation, we can only be by your side and send whatever help we can.” Use his statements.
Minister Konakovich said, “Stay strong, we are praying for you, we are with you. We will stand together through this terrible disaster. You have proven once again that Turkey is a great nation.” He said.
Recalling that Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu mentioned Benjamin Mihanović, a 12-year-old Bosnian boy trying to help the earthquake victims with the money he collected by selling tea on the street, at the press conference, Konakovich said that the Bosnians once again proved their size. Their hearts go out and they act very quickly to help the earthquake victims.
- Balkans | Ambassador of Zagreb Kiran hosted Croatian Minister of Foreign and European Affairs Grelik Radman at the breakfast
- Balkans | Serbia plans to send security forces to Kosovo
- Balkans | Dodik: “The distribution of power in the world has changed”
- Balkans | “We are currently vetoing Macedonia”
- Balkans | Mirac Candeli today
- According to the IRI survey, the voting rates for TDP and THP are 1%.
- Balkans | The successful election of President Erdoğan was celebrated in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro
- Balkans | Search and rescue teams dressed as Santa Claus entertain children in Serbia
- Balkans | The European Union is discussing the possibility of postponing the rotating presidency of Hungary
- Balkans | Pfizer expects sales to decline by up to 33% in 2023