Bihac’s fifth airport is scheduled to be built by 2026.
According to local media reports, an experimental runway and access roads to the airport complex have been constructed, making up 300 meters of the planned length of Bihac Airport of 1,800 meters so far.
“To ensure the continuity of the runway of the future airport, the owners of expropriated land 132 need to compensate between 9 and 10 euros per square metre, depending on the quality,” said airport director Anil Hadzic.
The Government of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina has so far provided 2.5 million euros out of the 10.2 million euros required to compensate the landowners.
Hadzic added that this project is of great importance in connecting the Una-Sana Canton with the rest of the country, but it will also serve as a catalyst for the economic development of Bihac and the entire Una-Sana Canton.
So far, the government has invested several million euros in the project every year. Various permits have already been obtained, including environmental ones. Bihac is located near the Croatian border and is the eighth largest city in the country.
Bosnia and Herzegovina currently has four international commercial airports. Airports in Sarajevo, Tuzla, Banja Luka and Mostar served a total of 1,907,895 passengers from January to October.
source: Balkan News
- What is Gothic architecture? 9 Examples of Gothic Architecture
- Balkans | Invitation of the European Commissioner for Human Rights Mijatović to Greece
- Balkans | Greek MP Kyli, who is being held in Belgium on corruption charges, has appeared in court
- Balkans | Greek MP Eva Kaili, who was arrested on charges of corruption in the European Parliament, was ordered to continue the detention.
- Balkans | The reaction of the Bosnian-Turkish Sanjak Society to Bosnian clerics’ tribute to China
- Balkans | Turkish handball player Iray Karakoc moved to Ohrid
- Balkans | Formation of a new government in Republika Srpska
- Balkans | The Dayton Peace Agreement that ended the Bosnian War 27 years ago was signed today in Paris.
- Balkans | Serbia removes visa exemption for 4 countries as part of the fight against illegal immigration
- Balkans | Parliamentary question about the lack of medicines by the opposition in Greece