According to United Nations estimates of world population, Bosnia and Herzegovina will lose half of its population by 2070.
Due to low immigration and birth rates, the country’s population is declining by an average of 1.5 percent each year, and a small town loses its population every year.
Due to the high cost of living and inflation, one in two young people in the country says they want to immigrate to Western European countries.
It is estimated that half a million people have left BiH since the 2013 census.
Demographic crisis, Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as neighboring countries Serbia And CroatiaIt also threatens. All three countries of the former Yugoslavia are in the top ten among the countries with the highest population loss in the world.
- Balkans | Economy and security are among the most important common issues between Bulgaria and Turkey.
- Balkans | Silvio, the new coach of Albania
- Balkans | 3 medals from Burcu İldem in Albania
- Balkans | 8 dead and 14 wounded in an armed attack in Serbia
- Balkans | NATO is preparing for the largest airlift exercise in its history
- Balkans | NATO sends shelter facilities to Turkey
- Balkans | The Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina overturned the controversial law
- Balkans | Croatia: We care about the Croatian minority in Serbia and the Serb minority in Croatia
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic: We are for peace and stability
- Balkans | WHO: Covid-19 remains a serious infectious disease with global risks