British politician Alicia Cairns has accused the Serbian Orthodox Church of smuggling weapons into Kosovo.
Speaking to Parliament on Tuesday, the chairwoman of the Foreign Affairs Committee in the House of Commons, Alicia Cairns, accused the Serbian Orthodox Church of transporting weapons brought from Serbia to Kosovo in ambulances and storing them in churches.
Cairns confirmed that the British Army had detected weapons smuggling from Serbia into Kosovo, and said that NATO’s KFOR had been informed of the situation, but had been ineffective due to delays in search orders.
Stressing the need to increase the powers of the International Security Force in Kosovo to combat arms trafficking in the north of the country, Cairns called on the British government to clearly express its support for Kosovo’s territorial integrity and democracy.
Drones / Balkan News
- Balkans | The Albanian Search and Rescue Team spoke about their experiences and work in the earthquake zone
- Balkans | The death toll rose to 10 in an armed attack on a school in Serbia
- Balkans | The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina Turkovic met with his counterpart in Skopje
- Balkans | Dialogue between Kosovo and Serbia was also on the agenda during the Biden-von der Leyen meeting
- The interesting history of groomed nails
- Balkans | European stock markets open higher
- 9 Interesting Objects Used As Status Indicators Throughout History
- Balkans | Bulgaria sends rescue teams to Turkey
- Balkans | The Kupro Association organizes the “Solidarity Bazaar with Turkey”
- Balkans | The leader who brings Turkey and the Balkans closer together: Recep Tayyip Erdogan