In a statement issued by the Bulgarian Ministry of Defense, it was reported that a stray YaM naval mine was destroyed in the Black Sea off the coast yesterday evening. This is the second stray mine destroyed in Bulgaria in two days.
As the Russo-Ukrainian War continues, drifting naval mines in the Black Sea remain a threat. The crew of a ship passing through Cape Kochan on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria discovered a errant mine and notified the concerned units. Helicopters were dispatched to the area after notification.
In a statement from the Bulgarian Ministry of Defense, it stated that the stray mine was 14.8 nautical miles from the shore and was first sighted by a Ukrainian-flagged ship. It was reported that private divers destroyed a Soviet-era YaM naval mine. It was also indicated that the mine was ready to explode. On the other hand, the Bulgarian Navy has issued a serious warning to ships that will pass through Bulgarian territorial waters, in case there are other mines in the area.
On the other hand, on Monday, a stray YaM sea mine was destroyed 200 meters off the coast near the village of Tülenovo on the Black Sea coast, and was destroyed in a controlled manner.
- Balkans | The Greek government goes to a vote of confidence because of the wiretapping scandal
- Balkans | The Vukovar-Srebrenica Marathon has started in Croatia
- Balkans | From June 1, monthly social benefits in Bulgaria will be linked to the poverty line
- Balkans | Fucik: SNS will choose a new management
- Balkans | Tunisia refuses to allow karate players from Kosovo to participate in the Mediterranean Championship
- Balkans | There are 3 Turks among the owners of “Mkart”.
- Balkans | TMV organized the Türkiye-Albania Relations Competition in its schools in Albania
- Balkans | The reaction of the Turks of Western Thrace to the football stadium project continues in the historic Turkish cemetery
- Balkans | A Turkish soldier distributes Ramadan parcels in Kosovo
- Balkans | Election of the Speaker of the Bulgarian Parliament after Easter