In a statement issued by the Bulgarian Ministry of Defense, it was reported that a stray YaM naval mine was destroyed in the Black Sea off the coast yesterday evening. This is the second stray mine destroyed in Bulgaria in two days.
As the Russo-Ukrainian War continues, drifting naval mines in the Black Sea remain a threat. The crew of a ship passing through Cape Kochan on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria discovered a errant mine and notified the concerned units. Helicopters were dispatched to the area after notification.
In a statement from the Bulgarian Ministry of Defense, it stated that the stray mine was 14.8 nautical miles from the shore and was first sighted by a Ukrainian-flagged ship. It was reported that private divers destroyed a Soviet-era YaM naval mine. It was also indicated that the mine was ready to explode. On the other hand, the Bulgarian Navy has issued a serious warning to ships that will pass through Bulgarian territorial waters, in case there are other mines in the area.
On the other hand, on Monday, a stray YaM sea mine was destroyed 200 meters off the coast near the village of Tülenovo on the Black Sea coast, and was destroyed in a controlled manner.
- Balkans | Hungary supports Bosnia and Herzegovina’s membership in the European Union
- Balkans | Illegal entries into the EU reached the highest level since 2016 last year
- Balkans | They transport natural gas from the field to the house in sacks
- Balkans | Radev: Turkey has an important role in transporting gas from Azerbaijan to Europe
- Balkans | Police remove barricades in Ştırptse
- Balkans | European Union countries approve a loan of 18 billion euros for Ukraine
- Balkans | The United States, the European Union and NATO call for restraint in the face of tensions in Kosovo
- Balkans | Turkish fencers will take to the track in Serbia
- Balkans | Directed by Peleshi’s Bayraktar: ‘I hope we don’t have to use it’
- Balkans | Izetbegović was not nominated.