“The digital sector is one of the fastest growing sectors in Bulgaria, and we are among the top ten countries with the fastest average mobile internet in the world,” said Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications Grigory Grigorov, representing Bulgaria at the high-level session held within the framework of the ITU Council. The event took place on July 11, 2023 in Geneva.
Our main goal is to achieve gigabit connectivity by 2030, with all 5G populated areas covered. “Developing infrastructure in remote and sparsely populated areas is a major priority as there are delays in the use of the internet and all related services.”
Grigorov emphasized that the development of new technologies as a means of economic and social growth is also an important task. An example of this is the high-performance supercomputer located in Sofia Tech Park. It is available to public and private users as well as to the scientific research community.
The Bulgarian representative at the forum indicated that enhancing reliance on internet connectivity will encourage the launch of new business models, increase the competitiveness of the local economy and ensure social cohesion in sparsely populated and remote areas.
- Balkans | Entry of Turkish tourist cities to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Donations collected in Greece for earthquake victims in Turkey were handed over to the Consul General in Thessaloniki
- Balkans | Shkobi breaks up with Coach Jochi
- Balkans | TİKA support for the development of beekeeping in North Macedonia
- Balkans | The memory of the former Deputy Prime Minister of Bosnia and Herzegovina Torrelik was celebrated with a ceremony
- Balkans | Serbia to help earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria
- Balkans | Kosovo’s economy is stabilizing
- Balkans | OSCE Secretary General Schmid met with Albanian Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs Shaka
- Balkans | Pacolli has created a fund for earthquake children in Turkey
- Balkans | According to Greek Prime Minister Mitsotakis, Türkiye and Greece intend to get close again