While the political crisis in Bulgaria continued, the Keeping Change party, which has 53 seats in the 240-member parliament, was unable to form a government.
Former Minister of Education a. At the ceremony in the Presidency of the Republic, Nikolai Denkov stated that he could not get the necessary support from other parties in parliament to get a vote of confidence.
Denkov stated that he failed to form a government and handed his position back to President Rumen Radev.
A manifesto containing action targets prepared by the People’s Party, which was seen as a “support poll” for a vote of confidence and described as a roadmap for the government to be formed, was rejected in the January 6 parliament session.
Citizens for European Development in Bulgaria, led by former Prime Minister Boyko Borissov, who previously ruled the country for 12 years until 2021 and was the largest group with 67 members of parliament, also failed to form a government.
According to the constitutional procedure, President Rumin Radev will assign another party to form a government in parliament that includes 7 political parties, in order to lead the country out of the political crisis.
If this attempt fails due to political confrontation between the parties, the president dissolves parliament and announces the date for early elections.
If the political crisis persists, new snap elections are expected in March.
Voters in Bulgaria have gone to the polls 5 times after 2021.
- Balkans | An invitation from Switzerland to Kosovo and Serbia
- Balkans | The European Union condemns the attacks in Kosovo and calls for a de-escalation
- Balkans | 2.1 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine wasted in Bulgaria: worth 25 million euros
- Balkans | Bomb threats to schools in Ohrid are unfounded
- Balkans | Speaker of the Şentop Parliament in Serbia
- Balkans | Heavy rains in Albania caused floods
- Balkans | Wahid is in custody again in a corruption investigation linked to the Associated Press
- Balkans | According to Greek Prime Minister Mitsotakis, a solution with Turkey is possible
- Balkans | Mycoski: Elections must be held for a government elected by the people
- Balkans | Togo withdraws its decision to recognize Kosovo