“Bulgaria has received the first tranche of aid amounting to about 2.7 billion levs from the European Union, within the scope of the National Recovery and Sustainability Plan,” Atanas Bekanov, Deputy Prime Minister for EU Funds Management, announced in a statement of the Prime Ministry. The Deputy Prime Minister stated, “Providing funding has been the focus of the interim government’s work since the beginning of this period.”
“Despite suspicions and speculations that the money will not arrive within the year, this good news for Bulgaria is a fact,” said Bekanov. “Thanks to the immediate action of the provisional government in the first weeks of its term, part of the assistance can be obtained. He emphasized that at that time it was Fix some old problems that prevented our country from getting paid.
The European Commission has given the go-ahead for the disbursement of funds with its initial assessment of the first tranche on November 7, 2022. This assessment report is due to the satisfactory implementation of all 22 major stages and objectives included in the first payment application submitted by Bulgaria on August 31, 2022. It was endorsed by the Finance Committee.
“The funds will be used for projects whose implementation has already begun — for example, the project to modernize and digitize small and medium-sized enterprises announced by the Ministry of Innovation and Growth, which has received a lot of attention,” explained the deputy prime minister. . Pekanov said, “Other projects like this are the Sofia metro expansion project and the TETRA project, the wireless communication system of the Ministry of Interior. The money will also be used for projects that will start in the coming weeks – for example, to increase the energy efficiency of residential and non-residential building stock, to install solar panel systems on rooftops, and to install outdoor artificial lighting fixtures in municipal buildings. He stressed that all investment projects have set clear deadlines and we must work actively to adhere to them.
- Balkans | A committee has been set up to determine the damage caused by the floods in M’mosha.
- Balkans | A memorandum of understanding was signed between the Ministry of Regional Development of Kosovo and the municipality of Mamusa.
- Balkans | Register on the Skopje – Istanbul route
- Balkans | 37 million euros support Kosovo in Germany￼
- Balkans | Osmani: The attacks on the Ukrainian people must stop
- Balkans | Early general elections will be held in Bulgaria on April 2
- Balkans | Mirza Varisanovic takes command of Sarajevo
- Balkans | German Chancellor Schulz: It is in our interest for the Balkan countries to join the European Union
- Russia: Ukraine continued its attacks despite the declaration of a cease-fire
- Balkans | FIFA fined Serbia for a controversial flag